Crochet Heart Pattern

Cute Crochet Heart Pattern


There are lots of different  patterns available for crochet hearts so here is one more to add to the mix 🥰. This is my pattern I used to make my Valentine's Day garland. I have also used the hearts in the past to make little cards by sticking the heart onto some coloured card, and also used them as little gift tags by threading a little bit of string through the top of the heart and attaching them to presents or gift bags.  What would you use your crocheted hearts for?

What you'll need:

Yarn: I have used James C Brett Party Time for my garland but you can use any yarn you like. Don't forget the weight of your yarn will affect the size of your heart. 

Size: The chunky yarn I have used makes a heart that is approx 6.5cm wide and 6cm in height.

Hook: I used 6mm (US = J -10). If you are using a different yarn to me use the hook it recommends for that yarn on the label.

Other craft tools: craft scissors and darning needle

Note: Pattern written in UK terms.

Abbreviations: UK terms
ch = chain
st = stitch
sl st = slip stitch
rnd = round
dc = double crochet (US equivalent = single crochet) 
htr = half treble crochet (US equivalent = half double crochet)
tr = treble crochet (US equivalent = double crochet)

Crochet Heart Pattern:

Rnd 1: Start with a magic circle, ch2 (counts as 1st htr), 11 htr into circle, sl st into top of ch2 to join. (12 sts)

Rnd 2: continuing to work in the round, skip next 2 sts, 7 tr in next st, sl st in next st, skip next 2 sts, 7 tr in next st, 1 dc in next 3 sts, (1 htr, 1 tr, 1 htr) in next st, 1 dc in next 2 sts.
 


(Tip: sometimes your next stitch after the 7 trebles might get hidden because you have all 7 squeezed in one stitch so they push over the next stitch, make sure to push them out the way to find the next stitch you need to work into)

Rnd 3: sl st into next 7 sts, sl st into stitch from rnd 1 that lies directly below the next st,

Rnd 3 continued: now working back into remaining stitches from rnd 2, sl st into the next 12 sts, then ch 1, 

sl st into last 2 sts, fasten off yarn and sew in ends.

You should now have a completed heart. For my Valentine's Day garland I made 14 hearts and then chained then together using some DK sparkly white yarn and joined the hearts in-between chains with a double crochet into the top of each heart hump.  I hope you enjoy this pattern, please do check out my Facebook page and Etsy store for other patterns and latest news.  You can also find me on Instagram @melly.elly.crochet

Happy making,

Lucy x









Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Moss Stitch Granny Square

'A Little Bit of Happiness' Crochet Project

Mindful Crochet - Giant Granny Square Blanket